The creation of the Nintendo Game Cube marked the death of the Nintendo 64. Nintendo saw no reason to produce an obsolete gaming system and instead focused its efforts on producing games for the newer game console as well as producing new gaming systems (for example the Wii). With the ‘death’ of Nintendo 64, nostalgia settled in for the N64 gamers, who might not have a working gaming system, and so the loss of N64 gaming seemed complete. Or so I thought...
In second year, my introduction to emulators came in the form of a guy, sitting in the front row of my class, playing the Nintendo 64 Paper Mario game on his computer. After my shock at seeing this seemingly impossible thing had subsided, I called up my tech friends and asked how this guy could possible play an N64 game on his computer. One friend sarcastically responded that “he downloaded an emulator, duh.”
After this revelation, I began researching emulators. I figured out quickly that emulators would be a great way to reminisce about my childhood days and to procrastinate. I now had potential access to games that I had not seen or played for a long time. I began downloading games like Conker’s Bad Fur Day and Zelda. It was great. Check out Cool Rom if you have the desire to play an old ‘traditional game’. They have a step by step guide on how to download the emulator and games. Try out an emulator and enjoy the hours of procrastination.


7:17 PM
Unknown
1 comments:
Oh yes, emulators GOOD! I got into VM and emulation because I have a couple of computers with Linux so I use Wine. It saved me and fed my Tomb Raider addiction. --Sandra
Post a Comment